Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OHSMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Understand the operations of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) based on ISO 45001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 45001 other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 45001 in the context of an OHSMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
It is a five day course provides an understanding and knowledge of ISO 45001:2018. The training is based on both theory an d best practices used in OSHMS audits.
1.The purpose of an OH&S management system.
2.The role of an auditor to plan.
3.Develop skill to plan , conduct , report and followup of an OH&S management system.
4. Understanding ISO 45001;
- The PDCA cycle and its application to OH&S management processes.
- The processes involved in establishing , implementing , operating , monitoring , measuring , analyzing , evaluating , reviewing , maintaining and improving an OH&S management system
- The terms and definitions use in ISO 45001.
- The requirement of OH&S management system documentations and the difference between maintaining and retaining documented information
- The purposes of a differences between first-party, second-party and third-party certification audit of management systems.
- The role of the OHSMS auditor in evaluating an organisation’s ability to meet its legal and other requirements, including the difference between this role and the regulatory role of evaluating legal compliance.
- The benefits of third-party accredited certification of occupational health and safety management systems for organisations and interested parties.
- The audit process:
- Determining audit objectives – the purpose and significance of the audit scope and criteria
- Identifying the appropriate personnel for the audit, the importance of auditor and audit team competence, and the selection of team members particularly with regard to knowledge of the relevant management system discipline, industry sector, regulations and legislation, and auditor training. Outline different audit methods; including on-site and remote audits and audit activities requiring human interaction and no human interaction.
- The purpose of a stage 1 audit, including the documented information review, and describe a typical stage 1 audit process and outputs.
- Preparing for a stage 2 audit, including preparing an audit plan.
- Conducting on-site audit activities, including preparing working documents, conducting audit meetings, gathering and verifying audit evidence, preparing, approving and distributing the audit report, and conducting the audit follow up.
- Auditor responsibilities:
- The roles and responsibilities of the audit client, auditors, lead auditors, technical experts, auditees, guides and observers.
- The management responsibilities of the Lead Auditor in managing the audit and the audit team.
- The need for effective communication with the auditee throughout the audit process.
- The need for auditor confidentiality and other professional behaviours.
- Planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up of audits of an OH&S management system.
- Planning the audit
- Conducting the audit
- Auditing OH&S management system requirements
- Generating audit findings
- Reporting the audit
- Following up the audit
- Examination Entry Fees
- Comprehensive Course Notes
- Certificate (on successful completion)
This course can also be run in house for up to 10 persons per course by arrangement
Fee: Please call for a quote